Friday, February 10, 2017

The Change...


Hey guys!
It has totally been on my heart to update you guys on my journey. What journey you ask? Well, my journey on the road to freedom, of course! The event that I put together last December was REALLY just the beginning!
To be able to let go of things...accept things...and change things for the betterment of CRYSY, has been a life changing experience to say the least. The things I used to  do, places I used to go, a few of the people I used to associate with...No longer appeal to me! Honey, Crysy used to be in the club 4 nights out of the week! Now..IF I go out, I'm like, "Where's the food?"
Let's go eat or let's go to church! Feed my body or my soul! LOL
Wednesday night was a party night for me. Now, you can catch me at Lakewood!(You're welcome to join me)
At the end of every service at Lakewood church, they say "Give us 1 year of your life, you'll never be the same." Last night, when John Gray said that...I realized IT'S TRUE! Last year this time, I was NOT the person I am. Granted, 2016 was definitely a year of transformation for me, attending Lakewood over the years has definitely changed me.
Oh, and he's NOT done with me yet! (insert praise break)
I've come to realize that, as a result of  a variety of happenings throughout my life, I have subconsciously conditioned myself to think, act and do certain things.
The bitter single woman that used to go IN on the "losers" she met, has been in a relationship for a minute now! Only AFTER, I was able to look at MYSELF and realize, It was ME! 
Stinkin' thinkin' as Pastor Remus Wright says. As the saying goes though, "When you know better, you do better". I'm thankful that I can make adjustments where needed. I'm thankful that God has chosen me to share my journey with you all and inspire you in ways that I've never even imagined. Most of all, I am thankful that I am walking into my purpose and being who God called me to be.
There is a quote that says, "When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you." As I go through this transformation, I've met some awesome people and done some great things. Most of which, I have never imagined myself doing. That is because my mind and heart were in the wrong places!  When I tell you things have worked out for me in ways, I've never even thought of! God has blessed me all of my life, but I look at things differently now that I am more so seeking to do things in God's will.
To be totally honest, changing is NOT easy! But, it's necessary!  Some days I get discouraged and distracted. I've lost friends and don't even know why! I'm not invited to participate in certain business related things. Out with "friends". Things don't work out how I want them to. For whatever reason. Hey, it bothers me, but I can't let any of that get me off track! The enemy uses those things to take your focus off of the bigger picture. I'm exactly where I am supposed to be, doing what I should, with who I should. Seasons change! I just have to be ready when they do!
 I can't give up. I've come too far. Seriously. I'm not supposed to be here. The devil has had it in for me for awhile. God has kept me on more than one occasion, do you hear me!? Like, Held.It.DOWN POP style! LOL
 There are people that probably look at the things I post and say on social media in disbelief...how can SHE post all that stuff about church and God?
Shoot, why NOT me?
If he can do it for me... if he can pull ME out of such a dark place... he can definitely do it for YOU!
The struggle is real, but so is God! Ok!!!??

Until next time,
Walk in faith, live in victory.
-Crysy

2 comments:

  1. "The struggle is real, but so is God!" - I love it! This is so true. I love this post. I pray God continues to move in your life and you keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, hun! I pray the same for you! <3

      Delete