Monday, December 26, 2016

The Road to Freedom



"On the other side of fear, is freedom"
Man, isn't that the truth! As I posted in a previous post, I planned and put together a cute little women's empowerment event, The Road to Freedom"
I have NEVER done anything like that! I stepped completely out of my comfort zone(and out on FAITH) with this one, guys! I actually asked people for help and advice, something I NEVER do.
When I started planning this event, I kept getting little signs from everywhere that THIS is what I am supposed to be doing. A random man at church said to me, "I want to encourage you sister, to keep using your voice to encourage others". They way everything fell together and ended up being exactly what I prayed for(and more) though...nothing but GOD!
My beautiful speakers and myself
I had women come and share their unique stories(as well as myself). Each of these women have inspired me with their stories and  KNEW  that they would inspire they ladies that attendedI had goal planning exercises and activities to prepare to have a better 2017. I'm still getting great feedback from the attendees as well as the speakers a whole week later! The ladies realized things about themselves, they were able to set personal goals and plans to better themselves. Shoot, one of my speakers was so liberated by speaking, she cut her hair off and began her natural hair journey! All of the women that attended enjoyed themselves and came away with SOMETHING new! The fact that we could all be transparent and help one another was awesome.  We laughed, cried, shared and
bonded. Exactly what I wanted! What an awesome way to end one year and go into another!



One of the attendees, posted an activity we did
When I initially, started planning the event, I said that if I had 15 women attend, I'd be ok. Then I said 20. Well, I ended up with almost 30 women that registered! Look at GOD! Every thing I normally would have worried about, God worked it out! From the venue down to my handouts. I had no idea that the ladies would take so much from a handout (I wasn't going to do one) and one of my coworkers suggested that I do. We had yummy Jambalaya from Shawnie of HouOrleans Cuisine, and other light bites including some tasty cupcakes ....and a little cocktail! LaTai of Honey Shoots was in the building capturing some great shots!
Look out Iyanla!!! lol
Surprisingly, I wasn't nervous or scared putting it together. I thought about what I would say and it literally came to me RIGHT as I was speaking to the ladies. I knew that God would give me the words to say and of course he did!
I am SO thankful and overjoyed that my event came out the way that it did. Even though this is something that has been on my mind, I never imagined myself actually putting together a whole event alone AND speaking and being transparent in front of a full room of women! There is something about being free and fearless that is actually CALMING.
The ladies are asking for a part 2. Of course there will be a part 2! I'm definitely not stopping now! This is JUST the beginning, baby!
I've had men ask for an event too! Who knew!
I found my purpose in this. To Encourage. Inspire. and Empower.
Yes, I still love fashion. Yes, I will still be a stylist. But what's a beautiful lady in a bad outfit, if she's ugly, bruised, bitter, angry and/or broken on the inside?
I will definitely keep you posted on upcoming events!
Make sure you're following me on Instagram here as well as
Facebook here

Have a Marvelous Monday!
Crysy
The ladies and I. My heart is SO full!!












No comments:

Post a Comment