Monday, October 31, 2016

Event- Brown Girls Bowl !!!


Hey ya'll HEY!!!


Just keeping you guys abreast of my little happenings and doings!
My girl Chimee Ahaiwe (one of the fab fashion bloggers I went to NYC with) hosted this super cute bowling mixer this past Friday night, #BrownGirlsBowl at this new boutique bowling alley in City Centre, Bowl & Barrel. I didn't even know City Centre had a bowling alley! There are all kinds of things over there! For those of you that don't know, City Centre is an entertainment complex in Houston, filled with shopping, restaurants & cafes entertainment, hotels, and more! They are really building that little area up!
Bowl & Barrel has about 14 lanes, a full bar, a menu of light bites and a popping music!!!
Definitely a cute little spot for a date night, girls night out, work events,...shoot ANYTHING!
Anyway, Chimee(pronounced Che-meh) hosts these cute little events to gather women for fun and socializing! In the past, she's hosted a Sunday brunch (Brown Blogger Brunch) and a lunch in memorial park(Brown Girls Lunch)...she has some really cute events planned for the future that I'm sure you will love!
The vibe was great, we came together with plenty of fun, laughs, and bowling(I hadn't done that in years)! I knew maybe about 2 of the ladies out of the whole group, yet we ALL had so much fun like we've known each other for years! A few of us were already friends and/or follow each other on social media so it was definitely a pleasure finally getting to meet face to face!
I love events like this because they help me as a person. I'm trying to get out and meet people, and network!!!  Surprisingly, meeting new people and "breaking the ice" is a tad overwhelming for me! Yes, ME! It's just kinda awkward for me, the whole introduction and small talk deal. I love people though! If we could skip all that and just get to having fun, I'd be ok!  This is the complete opposite of how I was as a kid, though. You couldn't stop me from talking and meeting people! I'm slowly but surely coming out of my little social shell thou, just wait!
These "Brown Girl" events tho....
Good job Chimee!
I definitely look forward to the next event!

Keep up with Chimee, her awesome style posts and events here
XoXo
Crysy










2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a bunch of fun. Baby steps, your certainly coming out of your shell. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete