Saturday, October 15, 2016

Celebrating National Curves Day @ Curves & Cocktails

Hey Ya'll Hey!


Did you know that there is a such thing as "National Curves Day"? Yea, me either! That is, until the Texas ambassador Ta Morrison and the Two Curvy Cousins planned the "Curves & Cocktails" event to celebrate the day.
National Curves Day is the 2nd Wednesday in October (this year it fell on Oct 12) and is actually celebrated here in the U.S and as far away as Italy! Thanks to Ta, it is also declared a "day" here in Houston by Mayor Turner on October 14! How awesome is that?
                                                   Ta and the Mayor's proclamation for NCD!
According to the NCD website, the mission of NCD is, "To uplift and empower women with curves through the plus positive curvy movement and promoting self love, because every curve is Beautiful!"
The event was just that! Uplifting, empowering as well as positive energy! Might I add, a room full of beautiful curvy women! In a time where women are openly loving their bodies and themselves, I think it is very important that not only we can identify with curvy women on social media and television, but women that we can connect with in our own areas as well!
 I had an awesome time!
The event was held at The SupaStar Spin Academy, owned by THE Dj SupaStar. There were vendors ranging from clothing for the curvy diva to beautiful jewelry to fragrances to super cute custom greeting cards! Yummy light bites and cocktails where circulating, that's always a good thing!


Hosted by Ta Morrison, the event featured a "Curve Talk Live"  panel of  local curvy experts:
Designer/Fashion Stylist, Yolanda Ann of Ego boutique
Fashion Stylist, Kimberly Kne'cole
Ms. PLUS America 2016, Wykeisha King
Plus size fashion blogger, Tameka Wells
The ladies discussed things such as their definition of curves, personal experiences with being plus sized, what being curvy means to them, and what plans they to do within the curvy community. These ladies were so brave, sharing their personal experiences (some not so pleasant) as a curvy girl! I am exited to see what each of these ladies does individually!
I finally got to meet some the fabulous ladies I'm friends on social media with(including Ta Morrison, lol)! I ran in to some of my girls I haven't seen in YEARS! I invited some more of my girls out and they had a blast!  Yassssssssssssss for celebrating CURVES!

Curve Talk Live panel
This was definitely a great event, especially for the 1st time! I'm excited to see what all Ta as well as Two Curvy Cousins brings to the curvy women in the Houston area. Knowing Ta, who has her own travel agency, they'll be curving it all the way in Dubai! Count me in for that one!

Ladies (and Men) packed the house!

Did I mention I was a "Special Guest"?? That was a surprise! So thankful for the recognition! Thanks so much ladies!
Yours Truly!
Outfit deets:
all items are actually on SALE now!
Top: Rue 107 available here
Skirt: Eloquii available here
Shoes: GoJane available here   
I also copped a cute goodie bag(NCD tote) with a NCD tee shirt and some great products from the event sponsors!

If you weren't there, I definitely hope you can make it to the next event!
See you there!

Keep up with Two Curvy Cousins here
Keep up with Ta Morrison and ALL of her business ventures here



XoXo
Crysy

                                                             








No comments:

Post a Comment