Friday, August 5, 2016

❤Welcoming Year 33❤

Hey guys!

Hope all is well with you on this fabulous Friday! Recently, I celebrated turning 33. I can't believe I am 33! Really! What a blessing to be alive and well. I'm so grateful!
Year 32 was definitely a year of reflection, self discovery, realization, change and just trying to fix my life(without Iyanla), ya know?? God is still working on me, but I am definitely trying to be a better Crysy.
The rapper Drake has a new song("Pop Style") with the line, "Turn my birthday into a lifestyle". In an effort to do and be different, I thought I'd have a pop up shop to celebrate my new year! (For those of you that don't know, I have an online vintage clothing boutique-www.iamcrysycouture.com ; as well as create unique accessories.) I decided to do the pop up because I anticipate a new year of various events, pop ups, networking, and building my brand! LEGGO!
My pop up was a success! I had a great turn out! Most of the people I didn't even know! Plus, old coworkers, classmates and of course my girls! The most humbling part, were the customers that said they follow me on social media, love my items and outfit posts and came to see what they could find. I HAVE A FOLLOWING! Yea, I know...I have followers on IG and FB...but a FOLLOWING is different! These are people that actually WANT see what I'm posting, talking about and suggesting!
This is a portion of what I pray for and the greatness that I know God has in store for me. A following!
My mom was also there, selling the African print belts and skirts she has created. They were a hit! People are still requesting them! I'm happy about that because fashion is my mom's THING! I get it from her! I'm glad that I get to give it back to her and make a way for her to "get back out there" and do her thing!
I definitely want to do A LOT more this year. I want to continue to build my "following" as well as my social media presence and brand.
I plan to do a lot more networking and making new associations and acquaintances. Change your circle change your life, right???
And I'm all about change at this point. Besides brand building, I want to be a better person all around! Mother, daughter, friend, mate, employee, no...BOSS ... but you get it! Sometimes I get discouraged and fearful....but those are things I am definitely working on. (praying about that) What's for me, is for ME and NO ONE can block that...BUT ME!
What I want this year is EVERYTHING God has in store for me.
Hey 33! I see you girl! Let's rock it out!
XoXo
-Crysy


Outfit Deets:
Top: Asos here
Skirt: Vintage Crysy Couture
Belt: H&M; no longer available
Necklace: Rainbow; similar one here
Shoes: Call It Spring; no longer available

 

Suggesting pieces to  customer

My mom and I showing a customer
how to wear one of her belts

My girl Kim came thru with her earring she
purchased from me years ago AND she got a belt!




No comments:

Post a Comment