Saturday, August 27, 2016

Brunch and Slay: NARS cosmetics Fall preview event



Hey guys!
I attended my first Brunch and Slay event and I'm so excited to share with you guys!!!
According to their website, "Brunch and Slay is a Lifestyle Event series, created to connect, inspire and entertain women who have an undeniable passion for Self, Health, and Wealth."
I'm glad that I finally had a chance to attend an event hosted by Ameerah of Brunch and Slay! I had an awesome time!
This past Thursday night (8/25/16), she hosted "Celebration of Self", a Fall make up preview at NARS cosmetics at their River Oaks Location. Ameerah is an awesome host! She was so warm and welcoming. Even though the event was PACKED, she greeted each attendee with a smile and conversation. My girl Kim and I came in, she greeted us, got us wine, and entered us in a raffle. Usually you go to events and the host is too busy and you probably get little to no personal interaction with them. She chatted with us, took pics, answered our questions and everything. She worked that event honey! Kuddos to her and her crew!
If you don't already know, events and networking is NOT one of my stronger attributes. It's a tad(nah...a LOT) overwhelming for me. I was glad that Kim was able to go with me, but the vibe at the event helped as well. The MUA's at NARS were very helpful. They were able to answer all questions, gave demonstrations as well as gave suggestions and samples of the new Fall products. They have some very pretty lip colors as well as eye shadows and nail colors coming for the Fall! Ya'll know I love color! The other ladies there were super nice, whether they were a part of the Brunch and Slay crew or an attendee. Every one was so nice and engaging! They also had light bites and drinks. Oh, how can I forget; I tried macaroons for the first time! AND it was my fav, cookies & cream! Talk about DE-LISH! I have never tried them because they look like they are dry and flaky like a "wafer". Boy, was I wrong! Man! Ok...I had a total "snackie" moment! Lol
They also had an artist painting each guest! Mine came out soooo cute, I'm gonna frame it!
The #1 goal of Brunch and Slay is, That the guest enjoy themselves. Welp, I did! Mission accomplished!
Ammerah did say that she has a whole year of happening and events planned, so I'm definitely looking forward to my next B&S event!
I can't make the next one, which is a session at Soul Cycle! Ugh! I've been wanting to try that out! If you can, you should attend! You can get more info about it here .

Also, make sure you LIKE the Brunch and Slay page on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/brunchandslay/?fref=ts

They are also on Instagram @brunchandslay

Hope to see you guys at a Brunch and Slay event!

XoXo
Crysy

Kim, Ameerah and Myself at the event

Packed House! Great vibes and fabulous women!

NARS foundation/concealer/blush offerings

NARS Lip and Eye products

NARS has a good variety of Fall nail colors!
NARS offers a variety of shades!

That face u make the MUA makes your blush POP! lol

Exhibit A and Taj Mahal were the 2 the MUA used. Loved em!!!  

Kim getting tips from the wonderful MUA


My painting! How cute




2 comments: