Friday, July 8, 2016

Fashionable Friday/OOTD

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh my infamous African Ankara fabric skirt! I absolutely LOVE this outfit!!! I wore it this past weekend to the Essence Festival in New Orleans, LA. When I tell you I got SO many compliments and inboxes/texts on this skirt! Left and freeking right, man! I needed a bottom to wear with this super cute wrap top I got from Rue107. I just knew I needed a patterned skirt! Ya'll know how I feel about patterns! The skirt....I had to have my mom make me one! Yes! My mom made it!!! She made it exactly how I wanted; the right length, gathered at the waist, side zipper and with a waist band. People are into pockets these days, but I didn't have to have them. It's super comfy and the material is lightweight. Good news is; she'll make you one. Bad news is; I have to share her with you guys! I love this skirt man. If I could wear it every day, I would. I'll definitely be getting her to make me more and in other lengths too. Moms is super creative and so talented. She's where I get it from!
She can do all sorts of things! She has been sewing, painting and creating for decades!
 
Now the top...I saw this baby on the Rue107 website and had to have it! I'm leery of purchasing from new online companies but, my fav social media ladies seem to love the brand so I gave it a try! I'm glad I did! This top is great! I love the material, which is a nice stretchy material. It fits perfectly, not too tight. They have some super cute pieces at Rue107, I will def be purchasing more! I did also purchase this same top in hot pink(while at the festival); can't wait to wear it!

Side note: I met the woman behind the Rue107 brand, Marie Jean-Baptiste at her Essence festival booth. She was SO nice and pleasant! Of course she recognized her design that I was wearing and we actually had a convo. I've never met a designer/creator at a busy festival that would actually take the time to actually get to know her customer(s). PLUS the Rue107 brand  is created by a black woman, so I must support!
 
I love these little sandals I got from Forever 21. They have a 80's vintage look, I'm sure I had some similar when I was a kid. They are so comfy and can be dressed up or down. I have them in black too. Love!
 
Have a fashionable Friday!

XoXo
-Crysy
 
Purchase the top from Rue107 here
Contact my mother about purchasing a skirt here
Forever 21 sandals here
 







2 comments:

  1. I am loving Ankara prints! Cute outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And you look absolutely ADBORBS in it!

      Delete