Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Working Woman Wednesday: Rita Givens


Hey ya'll HEY!!!

It's 2017! Happy (Late) New Year!!!! 
What do you guys have planned this year?? I definitely plan on featuring more wonderful working women this year!!! I have an awesome line up for the next few weeks! 
One woman can make a difference, together we can rock the world! 

My first gem of the year is, Rita Givens. Rita is a fellow blogger and business woman with a line of wearable inspirational quotes! You can find her website/blog at  EnHERgy Unleashed (www.enhergy365.com) and Positivity + Purpose is her online boutique.  Yes for inspiration! I actually followed her on Instagram after reading one of her inspiring blog posts and didn't even know she lives right in Houston!! My friend suggested her for the WWW posts and I was like, Hey I follow her! 

Anyway, Rita is awesome! She describes herself as, "A soul whose intentions are good." I believe that! 
Rita is a native of Natchez, MS and has been in Houston about 18 years. Rita, has had a career in corporate America, but says that "something" was nagging her to be more purposeful. Working in the corporate structure began to affect her health on every level and one day she cried out and prayed for change. She toggled back and forth for a variety of reasons, but after a surprise lay off, she was forced to "boss up".  In that moment I realized that the determination and hard work I had been using to grow other companies should be applied to my own, she said.
Currently, Rita says she " I'm soul journeying, and painting outside the lines."
She has been in business since October 2016. She has always been nudged by the universe to find a way to spread her positive quotes and inspirational sayings. Her initial goal was to write a book, but she felt the urge to do something different so she jokingly said she would "throw" her words on some shirts... and Positivity + Purpose was born.

As for what motivates Rita, she says, "My ultimate motivation is to encourage people to find their true purpose and believe in their abilities to manifest their biggest dreams. After a life of conditioned reactions and responses, sometimes you're forced to submit to the life the creator planned. I was living in a state of discomfort, because I thought my life was centered around being a good worker. The discomfort became too much and I needed to do what felt true to my soul. "

Where Inspiration and inspiring others is truly important to me, Rita says, "I am inspired by my hope for a more enlightened humanity. I am inspired by spreading love and light to each person I meet. I think it's important to show genuine kindness with gratitude for simply being alive." How awesome is that??? We definitely need more women in society that build US up instead of tearing us down.


The best selling item(s) from the Positivity + Purpose line is the "Thick Thighs & Positive Vibe" tees and tanks. Ya'll know I love a good statement tee!! I have to order one SOON! Of course I'll share when I do.
With so many other statement tee lines, Rita differentiates her brand by focusing on quality and respect for her customers. Her intention is to spread positivity and love to anyone who has weathered the experiences of life and still choose to actively aim higher everyday.
By reading this, I'm sure that Rita seems like some type of spiritual goddess, lol. There is something that she wants us to know about her, though. She says, "I want them to know that I'm not special. I'm just being brave enough to allow my soul to guide me in this moment of much needed direction, and I am hopefully using my gifts purposely.
In the future, Rita plans to grow her brand by extending it to a mentorship program for underprivileged teens. The program will give them a creative outlet and encourage their entrepreneurial spirits.
Rita's plans are to, "continue walking the path of purpose and spread love with each blog, book, or product that leaves my care. I am aiming for the sky."

I'm definitely here for all this awesomeness Rita is dishing out!!! I am certain that you cross paths with people for a reason and Rita and I crossing paths will be GREAT! I already have ideas, so stay tuned!!!

In the meantime, check out Rita's blog EnHERgy Unleashed as well as Positivity + Purpose merchandise on her website : www.enhergy365.com


Until next time, walk in faith & live in victory 
-Crysy

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Love you Rita❤️And Love you Crysy💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading AND connecting us! Love u back <3

      Delete
  2. Love it! Love you Rita❤️And Love you Crysy💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an abundance of gratitude for you both. ❤

    ReplyDelete